So, Bookworm was supposed to write up this years book awards, but she didn’t get a chance to finish so I took over helped out and finished them before 2013’s book awards got pushed any farther into 2014 XD
Mistborn:The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
Well of Ascension
Hero of Ages
Wintertide, Precepliquis, by Michael J. Sullivan
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Spirit War by Rachel Aaron
Faery Rebels, R. J. Anderson
A Matter of Profit by Hilari Bell
Incaceron by Catherine Fisher
Saphique by Catherine Fisher
Uglies, Scott Westerfeld
Pretties, Scott Westerfeld
A Matter of Magic by Patricia C. Wrede
Best male protagonist:
1) Eli Monpress
3) Hadrian Blackwater
Best female protagonist:
Best male side-kick:
1) Paul McCormick
Best female side-kick:
Character with best back-story:
Character with best-sob story:
3) Paul McCormick
No super power but still kicked butt:
1) Paul McCormick ( in a wheelchair, no less!)
3) Hadrian Blackwater
Best villain you love to hate:
1) Benehime, also known as Beehive
2) Adela – Nobody comes between Josef and Nico, nobody!
3) Martin, thou two-tongued snake!
Best not-so-evil villain:
2) The Immortal Empress
Most romantic couple:
1) Paul and Peri
2) Vin and Elend Venture (Mistborn)
3) Raoden and Sarene
1) Hadrian and Arista
2) Eli and Miranda. They are a couple *dares anyone to disagree*
3) Thorn andher boyfriend, Grumpy, whose name I can’t remember right now….Thorn and anyone are funny XD
Most argumentative couple:
1) Eli and Miranda
2) Keiro and Attia
1) Vin and Elend Venture (Mistborn)
2) Sazed and Tindwyl (Well of Ascension)
3) Royce and Gwen
Best dynamic duo:
1) Hadrian and Royce
2) Timothy and Linden
Best superhero team:
1) Eli & co.
2) Kelsier's Team
Best “real” place:
London (A Matter of Magic)
Most imaginative fictional place:
Creepiest / Darkest place:
Best magic system:
1) The Dor (Elantris)
2) The fairies
3) Allomancy and Feruchemy (Mistborn)
1) Royce and Hadrian being the Heir of Novron and his high holy bodyguard or whatever.
2) Hrathen saving the world
3) Wolf helping/betrayin/saving Scarlet
1) Everything Raoden plans.
Worst plans that still worked:
1) Sarene following Iadon into dark sewer passages Come on, Sarene, you do know what killed the cat, right?
2) Kelsier turning Vin into a lady….I had serious doubts about that one!
3) “Yo, I’m the Prince of Osera, don’t I look like him???!” Well, they eventually got in, anyway…..
1) Eli going back to Beehive.
2) Kelsier facing the Lord Ruler *snuffle sniffle*
Most climatic resolution:
1) The last, like, seven chapters of the Spirit War….
2) The end of Riyria, when Royce is all wounded and dying and Hadrian suddenly remember to show him Mercy
3) The end of Elantris…I didn’t get it the first time around, but whatever was going on certainly struck me as very important and climatic!
Best comic-relief scenes:
1) The final chapter of Riria…”He’s your problem, now, he wads his clothes instead of folding them, and he snores, etc.
2) Wasing the was of who what where when and how or whatever….You know the scene I’m talking about!
3) Eli forcing Josef to get a haircut and Nico playing diplomat “He looks nice….but he looked nice before, too”
Best emotional scene:
1) Aagh, so hard to choose….Kelsier’s death and his subsequent letters to his team
2) Royce, Gwen, waah!
3) Nico on the roof in the Spirit Wa
Best action scene:
1) Uhhmm…let’s say any scene where Vin/Kelsier/Elend are being all Mistborn
Best love confession:
1) Hadrian and Arista….
1) The Legend of Eli Monpress
2) The Riyria Revelations
Most magical writing:
1) A Matter of Profit…the guy was a giant ant or something….
Writing that makes you think:
1) Pretty much everything brings up some interesting point or another…..I think that’s the beauty of reading fiction.
So, that’s about the size of it! Still planning on reading 25 books this year, and since I’ve been so sick the last two weeks, I’m making good progress
Current Location: couch
Current Mood: still sick